CIC Commercial Casualty Course
Feb. 15-16, 2022
Everything you need for access to your seminar is below.
This program is being offered in conjunction with:
Agenda - ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME (EDT)
Commercial Casualty Institute - Live Webinar
|2/15||7:30 - 8:00 AM||Join Webinar|
|2/15||8:00 AM - 12:15 PM||Commercial General Liability Concepts and Coverage||Steve Lyon, CIC CRM CPCU ARM AAI CRIS||Morning link (8 AM-12:15 PM): https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_s64vZ0_NQ7GHBtnvNQ2GQA|
|2/15||12:15 - 1:15 PM||Lunch Break|
|2/15||1:15 - 5:15 PM||Additional Insured Concepts & Endorsements||Steve Lyon, CIC CRM CPCU ARM AAI CRIS||Afternoon link (1:15 PM-5:30 PM): https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_mH0Nisp6SOyIUsRJ0QAb8g|
|2/15||5:15 - 5:30 PM||Exam Briefing for Test Takers (optional)|
|2/16||7:30 - 8:00 AM||Join Webinar|
|2/16||8:00 - Noon||Business Automobile Coverages & Endorsements||Sam Bennett, CIC CPIA AFIS CRIS||Morning link (8 AM-Noon): https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_HVRB_3ExQ_qTvu77hmXTyw|
|2/16||Noon - 1:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|2/16||1:00 - 2:00 PM||Business Automobile Coverages & Endorsements (cont)||Sam Bennett, CIC CPIA AFIS CRIS||Afternoon link (1-5 PM): https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_UDAuKkH3TuK0o5J1_MaoGA|
|2/16||2:00 - 5:00 PM||Workers Compensation and Employers Liability||Sam Bennett, CIC CPIA AFIS CRIS|
Attendance is tracked throughout the program via random polling questions. You must reply to all polls. FULL ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED FOR EARNING CE CREDITS AND DESIGNATION UPDATE CREDIT.
Requesting CE Credits
The day prior to the webinar, you must request or decline CE for the course via your course history listing under your PROfile account with The National Alliance. Note, if you try to complete this task earlier than one day prior to course start, the course will not show in your course history.
To complete your request, go to scic.com and follow the steps outlined below. The National Alliance will file your CE credits with the state insurance departments within 10 days of course completion.
- Click on Sign In and enter your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on Course History.
- Find the appropriate course.
- Click on Modify CE in the right column.
- Complete the CE selection.
All Users: Before connecting to the webinar, review the following:
- The webinar is open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. We recommend you connect early in case time is needed for troubleshooting purposes.
- Webinar is delivered via the Zoom webinar platform. Connecting to this webinar through a remote office connection/VPN may cause audio/video challenges and attendance polling issues. We recommend connecting to the webinar outside of your remote office connection/VPN.
- When you click on the link to the webinar, you will be asked to enter your first and last name and email address. No passcode is required.
- Audio will come through your computer’s speakers or mobile device. There is no call-in number for audio.
- Pay close attention to your education consultant’s opening comments for important rules, including the attendance policy. There will be three attendance polls each hour to remain compliant with the state insurance departments rules. If you miss an attendance poll, please use the Chat Feature within the webinar platform to send a chat regarding your missed poll. This should be sent immediately upon your recognition of missing a poll.
Exam and Proctor Details
Your exam will be accessed through The National Alliance’s Learning Management System (LMS). The exam will be available to you beginning at 12:01 am CST on Feb. 21 and will remain open until 11:59 pm CST on Feb. 24. You will have two hours to complete the exam once you begin. All questions are essay/short answer.
Disinterested Third-Party: Someone with no direct business or family relationship to the participant. A disinterested party must have no financial interest in your success or failure. A disinterested party will be someone who is not concerned with the outcome of your exam.
- Examples of proctors who DO NOT qualify: Anyone within your same organization who is a coworker, team mate, or manager; friends; family members.
- Examples of proctors who qualify: Official testing centers at colleges and universities, other learning centers like Sylvan, online proctoring services like MonitorEDU, or someone in a dedicated HR or training department role within your organization.
Prior to Exam - Submitting your Proctor for Approval
- Login to your PROfile account at https://pro.scic.com/SignIn.
- Click “Course History” on the left.
- Find the name of your course and click the “Proctor” button to the right.
- Fill in the proctor information fields and “Submit” or if using MonitorEDU, select the MonitorEDU option shown at the top.
Accessing the Exam
The Exam - Step-By-Step
- Login to your PROfile. After logging in, you will be taken to your homepage.
- Click on “Launch Learning Portal” (top right portion of the screen within the blue box). You are now entering the LMS.
- Click on the Learning Center (orange) box in the middle of the page and locate your current course in your course list. Click Launch.
- Find the exam item in the table of contents and open the exam page and follow the prompts on screen.
- Complete the exam!
Exam Tips and Notes
- Question responses will save automatically when the test-taker goes to the next page.
- Exam-takers should plan for a quiet environment without distractions.
- No notebooks, study materials, or cell phones are allowed during the exam.
- You may have a blank sheet of scratch paper and a simple function calculator during the exam. The sheet of paper needs to be destroyed after testing and no programmable or financial calculators are allowed.
- Leaving the exam room is not allowed, except to use the restrooms. No cell phones or other materials may be taken with the student when they leave the room.
- The proctor must be in the room during the exam and remain in a location where they can see the participant’s screen.
- The digital exam has a time clock to help the proctor enforce the time limit. All exams will auto submit after time expires. Participants finishing the exam before time has expired are permitted to submit their exam.
- Be sure to review your answers on all exam pages before submitting your exam.