CIC Life & Health Course
Apr. 4-5, 2023
Everything you need for access to your seminar is below.
This program is being offered in conjunction with:
Agenda - ALL TIMES ARE EASTERN DAYLIGHT TIME (EDT)
Life and Health Institute - Live Webinar
|4/4||7:30 - 8:00 AM||Join Webinar|
|4/4||8:00 AM - 12:15 PM||Life and Annuity Policies||Tom Sanders, CIC CPIA||https://tinyurl.com/2r5n2vhw|
|4/4||12:15 - 1:15 PM||Lunch Break|
|4/4||1:15 - 3:15 PM||Life and Annuity Policies (con't)||Tom Sanders, CIC CPIA||https://tinyurl.com/2ev283rk|
|4/4||3:15 - 5:15 PM||Business Life Concepts||Tom Sanders, CIC CPIA||https://tinyurl.com/2ev283rk|
|4/4||5:15 - 5:30 PM||Exam Briefing for Test Takers (optional)|
|4/5||7:30 - 8:00 AM||Join Webinar|
|4/5||8:00 - Noon||Health Insurance & Employee Benefits Concepts||Charles Matejowsky, CIC LUTCF||https://tinyurl.com/yt6ptn55|
|4/5||Noon - 1:00 PM||Lunch Break|
|4/5||1:00 - 5:00 PM||Health Insurance & Employee Benefits Concepts (con't)||Charles Matejowsky, CIC LUTCF||https://tinyurl.com/83vaaz22|
Attendance is tracked throughout the program via random polling questions. You must reply to all polls. FULL ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED FOR EARNING CE CREDITS AND DESIGNATION UPDATE CREDIT.
Click here to view course materials in PDF format. You can print the materials or download them to an e-reader or laptop for reference during the webinar. Having trouble downloading the materials? Copy and paste the following URL into your browser: https://www.iabforme.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/CIC-Life-Health.pdf
Requesting CE Credits
The day prior to the webinar, you must request or decline CE for the course via your course history listing under your PROfile account with The National Alliance. Note, if you try to complete this task earlier than one day prior to course start, the course will not show in your course history.
To complete your request, go to scic.com and follow the steps outlined below. The National Alliance will file your CE credits with the state insurance departments within 10 days of course completion.
- Click on Sign In and enter your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on Course History.
- Find the appropriate course.
- Click on Modify CE in the right column.
- Complete the CE selection.
- Go to scic.com, click on sign in, and enter your username and password.
- Once logged in, click on My Courses.
- Click on Course History and locate the affidavit button under the Action Items column.
- Click on the affidavit, electronically sign, and hit submit.
All Users: Before connecting to the webinar, review the following:
- The webinar is open 30 minutes prior to the scheduled start time. We recommend you connect early in case time is needed for troubleshooting purposes.
- Webinar is delivered via the Zoom webinar platform. Connecting to this webinar through a remote office connection/VPN may cause audio/video challenges and attendance polling issues. We recommend connecting to the webinar outside of your remote office connection/VPN.
- When you click on the link to the webinar, you will be asked to enter your first and last name and email address. No passcode is required.
- Audio will come through your computer’s speakers or mobile device. There is no call-in number for audio.
- Pay close attention to your education consultant’s opening comments for important rules, including the attendance policy. There will be three attendance polls each hour to remain compliant with the state insurance departments rules. If you miss an attendance poll, please use the Chat Feature within the webinar platform to send a chat regarding your missed poll. This should be sent immediately upon your recognition of missing a poll.
Exam and Proctor Details
- Option 1 – Use MonitorEDU, a virtual proctoring service. You must have an extra device such as a smartphone or tablet. You will also need the “Google Meets” app loaded on your cell phone or tablet. A proctor will observe you remotely on camera while you complete the exam. No appointment is necessary and proctors are always available. First navigate to the MonitorEDU website, https://scicproctor.com/, and pay the proctoring fee. When ready to take the exam, return to this site and click “connect to proctor.”
- Option 2 – You may visit a brick-and-mortar testing location. The quickest way to locate a proctor in your area is to conduct a Google search for “approved proctors near me.” Your search results will yield official testing centers at colleges, universities, libraries, and learning centers.
- Option 3 – Someone in a dedicated HR or training department role within your organization may sit with you to proctor your exam.
Prior to Exam - Submitting your Proctor for Approval
- Login to your PROfile account at https://pro.scic.com/SignIn.
- Click “Course History” on the left.
- Find the name of your course and click the “Proctor” button to the right.
- Fill in the proctor information fields and “Submit” or if using MonitorEDU, select the MonitorEDU option shown at the top.
Accessing the Exam
The Exam - Step-By-Step
- Login to your PROfile. After logging in, you will be taken to your homepage.
- Click on “Launch Learning Portal” (top right portion of the screen within the blue box). You are now entering the LMS.
- Click on the Learning Center (orange) box in the middle of the page and locate your current course in your course list. Click Launch.
- Find the exam item in the table of contents and open the exam page and follow the prompts on screen.
- Complete the exam!
Exam Tips and Notes
- Question responses will save automatically when the test-taker goes to the next page.
- Exam-takers should plan for a quiet environment without distractions.
- No notebooks, study materials, or cell phones are allowed during the exam.
- You may have a blank sheet of scratch paper and a simple function calculator during the exam. The sheet of paper needs to be destroyed after testing and no programmable or financial calculators are allowed.
- Leaving the exam room is not allowed, except to use the restrooms. No cell phones or other materials may be taken with the student when they leave the room.
- The proctor must be in the room during the exam and remain in a location where they can see the participant’s screen.
- The digital exam has a time clock to help the proctor enforce the time limit. All exams will auto submit after time expires. Participants finishing the exam before time has expired are permitted to submit their exam.
- Be sure to review your answers on all exam pages before submitting your exam.