Certified Professional Insurance Agent
Completing these three interactive seminars (in any order) awards the CPIA designation. You will learn to use marketing and sales tools to qualify prospects, and then refine your communication and sales techniques to retain customers and grow your book of business.
Who should attend a CPIA seminar?
Insurance Success Seminars are open to any employee of an agency, insurance company or insurance-related business. Anyone who wants to enhance or learn sales techniques and marketing communication is encouraged to attend. Attendance of all three seminars will give participants the “big picture” of what it takes to attract and maintain prospects and customers.
Earning the CPIA Designation
Full attendance at all three seminars allows participants to earn the CPIA (Certified Professional Insurance Agent) designation; no exam is required and you can begin using the designation immediately following the completion of the three programs. Anyone may attend any one seminar of interest.
*Discount pricing is available when registering for all three CPIA courses in one week. Online registration is not available for the discount pricing. Please download the registration form or contact IA&B's registration department to register by phone.
Discounted Fee for 3-day Registration:
Member (same person all three days in one week): $580
Non-Member (same person all three days in one week): $700
Registration: 7:30 a.m.
Seminar: 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Position for Success (CPIA 1)
During this program, participants are encouraged to focus on internal and external factors affecting effective business development plans. Factors discussed include:
- A review of the state of the insurance marketplace
- Analysis of competitive pressures
- Necessary insurance carrier underwriting criteria
- Consumer expectations and understanding
Implement for Success (CPIA 2)
During this session, participants will:
- Gain specific tools for analyzing consumer needs
- Learn to utilize risk identification techniques to gather pertinent prospect information
- Develop skills necessary to assimilate information gathered into a customized protection program
- Participate in exercises designed to promote effective delivery of proven solutions
Sustain Success (CPIA 3)
This program focuses on fulfilling the implied promises contained in the insuring agreement. Students will:
- Review methods of providing evidence of insurance coverage
- Discuss policies and procedures for controlling errors and omissions including policy review and delivery, endorsements, claims-processing, and handling of client complaints.
- Review professional expectations
- Review the Law of Agency
- Review legal and ethical standards
Throughout each section of the workshop material, tips for preventing Errors & Omissions are highlighted and discussed.
Maintaining the CPIA Designation
The CPIA designation requires a biennial update (once every two years). This updated requirement can be satisfied through participation in any one of the three core Insurance Success Seminars, participation in any one of the Advanced Insurance Success Seminars, by attending the AIMS Society's annual PRO-to-Pro Executive Retreat or by maintaining individuals or agency membership in the AIMS Society.
Search and register for CPIA courses