Skip Navigation

Keep Canada-bound Customers Compliant

June 19, 2018
2:20 PM

Policyholders vacationing north of the border must carry Canadian ID cards or risk fines. Also known as Non-Resident Inter-Province Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance Cards, they must be shown if a U.S. resident is involved in an accident or is pulled over.

Carriers issue the ID cards, which provide proof that the company filed a Power of Attorney and Undertaking and will meet the minimum legal requirement in any Canadian province where the policyholder travels.

Our online resource includes instructions for carriers to order the cards, as well as answers to agents’ frequently asked questions.

Access our resource on Canadian ID cards